Tuesday, 10 March 2015

Sewtastic!



My knitting mojo has been lacking but my sewing one has resurfaced. 
I've been itching to do some more EPP and cracked open my new glue pen to use on my Liberty hexies and was very surprised to find how easy it was, with no mess. The glue was harder than I thought, it looks more like an eraser but that meant it wasn't wet and didn't seep through the fabric. I then decided that I needed a neutral linen to go with these though, I thought they were too busy to sew straight together, unfortunately that means they'll have to wait, I hope to find some at the NEC when we go to Sewing with Pleasure later this month.



I've also started cutting out for the next quilt, I saw this on display at last years Festival of Quilts and now I've got the extra fat quarter I needed, I'm back in business!


I ordered some solids for this and another charm pack I've got from Simply Solids, I was interested in the difference between the 'whites' as different suppliers have slightly different shades as their base colour in their charm packs.
The top is Kona White, which is very white and then the middle one is Kona Snow, which is off-white.
The bottom is what I bought from the NEC last year and I didn't label what it was but I bought it as an off-white but actually against the others it looks more cream! 
It shows how important it is to get it right if you're trying to match!


A quick project I rustled up last month was hand-warmers. My fingers are always cold and I'm usually wearing gloves all year round! So after seeing an easy tute on Pinterest, I whipped these up in a couple of hours. Quick and easy gratification :)


To finish, is a girls dress for the 3yo, using fabric I've had for ages and a new pattern in the new Simply Sewing mag, which I really enjoyed.


I've gone off pattern a bit, with the choice of fabric (the original is wool), I've removed the sleeves, done french seams on the skirt and tried to line the bodice, so it's taking a bit longer. I also got into a pickle as in small writing it mentions on the cutting diagram to add 2" to the back pieces - why this isn't just included in the pattern piece I don't know! I just sewed on the extra as I didn't want to cut out another, as it's a button band it doesn't look too weird. Oh and you also have to add the seam allowance.

Now I just need to catch up with The Great British Sewing Bee and it'll all be sewtastic!
Post a Comment