Friday 6 September 2013

Festival of Quilts 2013


Better late than never, is my pictorial round-up of FoQ 2013!

I had a great day, saw lots of inspiring creations, bought some lovely items (pictures to follow!)
and didn't overspend!

The shopping is as much a part of the day as the viewing of everyones hard work!
There was quite a lot of Christmas fabric around, most if it garish and twee but the above range at Eternal Maker (I think!) was much nicer.


I enjoyed the Bramble Patch stand, I was tempted by this pattern but my littlest isn't in dresses much at the moment, she's not the most girly (yes, due to me!) and they're just not practical! 

Now I must confess a secret here, I don't like Kaffe Fassetts stuff much (heresy!) but we sat down for a rest while he was being interviewed and I found him really interesting, he's a good speaker and listening to his creative process/his passion for colour was really refreshing.
I also learnt how to pronounce his name, Kaafe, rather than Kaff!

Ok, so on to the quilt round up..as usual lots of different styles, lots of different standards..enjoy..

Round Meadow
Elizabeth Brimelow 


Christmas Lights
Tatyana Duffie 


Red, White (and Blue)
Pauline Hughes


Colorifik
Doreen Plumridge


Little Stars
Jean Ball


Mourning Therapy
Barbara Abrahamian


She Knew the Names of Flowers
Vicki Stott

  

Decorative Spirals
Sheena Norquay


Sunshine and Shadow II
Anne Armes

  
Fibonacci Fandango
Jess Williams


A Blog
Irene MacWilliam 


Beach Thoughts
Stephanie Redfern


Inner Strength
Anne Armes


The Orchard
Jill Pargeter


Windows into the Chakras
Louise Stinson


Pagoda
Lisa Pugh


Every Text He Ever Sent Me
Lara Hailey



The 37 Year Quilt
Dee Gibbs & Jude




I Need Some Advice
Liz Hainsworth & Luke Franklin


Never Again
Alison Robins & Krista Withers


Scottie
Sylvia Holmes 






Optics:Refraction's of Light
Southwick Sewing Sisters


Coastal Hedgerow
Michelle Holmes


The Periodic Table
Claire Wheat


Horse in Costume -Fabric Decoration
Chloe Redfern


The Mouse and The Cuckoo Clock
Sally Snushall


Any corrections that you spot, do let me know!

No comments: