Well, ta da....I finally got round to making it up!
It really shouldn't have taken me so long, as it was so easy, you just cut out the pieces from the pre-printed fabric and sew together! The instructions were just right, perfect even for beginners and all the needed items are included such as thread, buttons, lining fabric and even a Clothkits label. I cut out my fabric using my pinking shears as I thought this would make the seams less likely to fray and my basic sewing machine managed the button-holes (I practiced on a left-over scrap to get the size right first!)
I omited the front pocket as I loved the print so much I didn't want to hide it and also the adjustable button at the back as I didn't think it needed it but if you made the bigger size for a smaller girl it would be handy as then the dress could grow with her.
I wasn't sure my youngest would wear it, as she's so fussy with clothes, but after it was finished she declared that she loved it, which is high praise indeed!
Now the eldest daughter wants one though!