Sunday 1 May 2011

Catch up...

Well apologies for the delay in reporting back on the  Vintage & Handmade Fair, the Easter holidays and (boo hiss) work have got in the way!
Suffice to say that my report consists of 'what a fab day'!  It was a glorious spring day which gave us a lovely drive through the green and scenic Gloucestershire countryside and Chipping Sodbury was heaving, it was lovely to see such a bustling Saturday, the farmers market was on and parking was scarce in the morning.


As usual the fair was packed with people and lovelies!  I swear everytime we go I get brain/eye ache from looking at all the wares!  It's such a visual feast it's like eye candy overload and I have to be really careful to stick to my budget/what I need list!
There were all the old favourite sellers and also some good new ones and there was a lovely mix of items, handmade and vintage obviously!




The tea room was back on form with lovely handmade cakes, I had a gorgeous chocolate brownie and a lovely piece of gypsy tart (must get a recipe for this!).


And what did I buy?!


This lovely cuff from Helen Roskell, it's Liberty tana lawn and it's so soft


A fab bundle of quilt pieces from Hesta Nesta and also this lovely piece of blue floral


and lastly, just what I wanted, a lovely jug for flowers etc. Also on the same stall - the lovely Acorn & Will, were these delightful Kilner jars, the lid actually is hollow so you can put flowers in too!
Another fabulous day out!

No comments: