Saturday 3 January 2009

Post Christmas

Ah an indoor picnic! Lay out a blanket, with lots of nibbles, left-overs, add kids and voila an instant no-hassle meal-time!! This buffet style eating is one of the things I love about Christmas and when I've got a miserable cold it's also much easier than sweating over the cooker!

The cold has been doing the rounds and we have all had it over Christmas at one time, so it is now my turn unfortunately!

One of my best presents this year has been from my other half:

A knit your own monkey kit!! Supposedly for 8-12 year olds! I'm really enjoying it, it's very easy for a newbie and I can't wait to finish it. It is a pre-cursor to a better present apparently as he has promised me a real Sock Monkey!!! All the hints may have paid off!
Underneath is my second best present, "The Ultimate Knitting Bible", which is a fantastic resource, nicely laid out and the diagrams are the best I've found for explaining techniques.

All I need to do now is suss out the french knitting kit my daughter got as the instructions with that are beyond me!!

No comments: