Saturday, 16 July 2011

Quick Lick of Paint


I got these nice corner shelves from the charity warehouse a few weeks back for only £4, they were covered in thick varnish so I thought rather than sanding them back I'd try out some Annie Sloan chalk paint on them. I got a little pot from 'The Old Pill Factory', for about £5 and after a deciding on which colour to choose (it took a while!) I went for the duck egg blue.




I was very impressed, the paint was lovely and thick so it only needed one coat and I've still got loads left in the pot for another project.  I was done in about 10 minutes and now I can use it straight away, rather than having a long labourious sanding/waxing task!


 All I need now is to get the OH to put it up!

The next task will be this peg rail, I was hoping to sand back but I think now I may use more of the Annie Sloan!


I've also finished the Ercol plate rack I picked up months ago - the sanding and waxing was a long process for me! I'll try and get some pics soon but I'm still waiting for it to be put up, if only I was trusted with the power tools!
Post a Comment