Monday 25 October 2010

Fun in the Forest

It's a lovely sunny autumnal day, it's half-term and we need some fresh air and cheap entertainment....where shall we go?....oh of course, Harcourt Arboretum, or as we call it 'THE forest'.

We took some paper and crayons to do some bark rubbing and a plastic bag to collect leaves and other finds for future gluing/crafting.

We had a fair few grumbles along the way at times though.  Sometimes I wonder about my kids, you'd think that going for a walk is a punishment!  They do love being outdoors but I guess their stamina is set up for about an hour!  Is it because they're girls?  Do boys just automatically want to be outdoors and run around?!




You can't beat a sunny autumn day, I think I like them better than hot summer days.

And to finish off with, my WIP...

It should be a simple wristlet I hope, I'm not following a pattern (!) I just thought I'd do a long rectangle and leave a thumb-hole when seaming!
I'm using some Debbie Bliss Rialto 4ply in teal that was in my LYS in the reduced bucket and have cast on 60 stitches using 3.25mm needle.  I'm aiming for a length of about 8-9", but I have to say doing this much stocking stitch has quickly become a chore!  It's quite mind-numbing, I should be up for tackling some thing a bit more challenging afterwards!

No comments: