Sunday 14 September 2008

First Post

Well, this is the first post of my first blog and I suppose I should list what I hope to do here and why I'm doing this.
I have been a lurker of lots of crafting blogs lately and they've all really inspired me and got me fired up to actually get on with doing stuff that I keep meaning to and putting off.
I've always liked art, craft and sewing but since uni and having kids I'd lost the drive and motivation for doing things.
I don't know about you but after a day of being at work or with the kids, in the evening I'm not usually good for anything, I like to crawl into bed after doing chores with a cup of tea and even then I usually fall asleep before drinking it!
But earlier this year I made an effort to sign up for a photography evening class and I really enjoyed it, I wasn't too tired after work and I really enjoyed having that creative time to myself.

So I hope to keep my creative brain ticking over, first up I've found out lots of great crafting ideas on-line, I've bought a sketch book for ideas, I'm trying to carry my compact camera around wherever I go for documenting inspiration and I've just started learning to knit and crochet! I hope this blog will give me a reason for doing all this, for keeping me going and providing an outlet, like an on-line sketchbook.

So fingers crossed and I shall see where this journey takes me....