Friday 25 October 2013

The little moments

Every autumn as the leaves turn I for some reason remember one of the first images I took for the blog and it suddenly struck my how much time has passed since then and how much being a Mummy has changed since then.
I can remember with rose-tinted glasses how we used to do more child specific activities, painting, gluing, cooking and I wonder what has happened. I feel like such a busy mum (with obligatory guilt) that I don't always enjoying parenting, I crave moments of time to myself and it can be challenging trying to parent school-age children and still remember the little one.


So, I made an effort and took an idea from Pinterest for a quick and easy (and clean) activity.
It's just paint in a zip-loc bag, taped down but she seemed to enjoy squiggling in it and mixing the colours!  My craft cupboard was noticeably barer than it used to be too, we need more paint!


The little moments are what make your heart melt, especially between siblings.
The youngest and the middle child usually share a bath and I managed to take this photo to remind me of the giggling that accompanied their whispering game!

I'm so glad that I started this blog, as a journal to look back on and I hope in another five years I can still look back and remember these busy days with happiness.

No comments: