Monday 20 July 2009

Art in Action 2009


Had my first visit (finally) to Art in Action at Waterperry House on Saturday and really enjoyed seeing so much creativity. Lot's of different mediums/disciplines, all very talented people, I enjoyed seeing the wide variety on display. We were lucky with the weather, but glad I'd worn wellies! Will be making a mental note that mud, straw and buggy wheels do not go together though, unless you have an expensive off-road version!
Took lots of photos, ignored the 'please do not take photos' signs as I thought that was a little unfair, I've posted them onto Flickr for perusing, you should be able to click on the above image to see...
My favourite stand of the day was in the market section from Louise Gardiner who does embroidery/illustration, I was blown away haven't seen her work before and it resonated with them completely, would love to be able to do stuff like that, sadly all I could afford was a badge but never mind!!
Had lovely gardens too which were perfect for the kids to run around in and for picnicking - had some v. fab chocolate pancakes!!
I found the textiles tent a bit sparse, bit too arty - definite definition between textiles craft and textiles art me thinks! - lots of batik and not much going on unlike the others which was a bit disappointing. I think I like the market place and the 'Best of the Best' tent the most.
So, recommended, hope to go next year and would like to sign up to some classes next time!

No comments: